- 125g dried, stoned prunes, finely chopped
- 75g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled and grated
- 50g butter
- Liver of turkey, finely chopped
- 125g fresh white or brown breadcrumbs
- 50g roasted chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper
Soak the prunes and apricots for at least an hour in hot water, then drain, reserving some of the liquid.
Fry the celery, onion and apple in the butter for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
Add liver and fry for a further 3 mins until it’s firm and cooked.
Put the breadcrumbs and nuts in large bowl and stir in the fried mixture, together with the soaked fruit, egg and seasoning, moistening with some reserved liquid, if necessary.
Allow to cool before using.