- 175g freshly made breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mixed herbs, such as, thyme, sage, chives and marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g butter or margarine
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 small egg, beaten
Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and seasoning together and set aside.
Melt the butter or margarine in a pan then sauté the onion and celery for 5 mins or until softened.
Add to the breadcrumbs together with the orange zest.
Mix well together.
Add the egg and sufficient orange juice to bind the mixture together. Use to stuff the neck cavity only. Any extra can be formed into small balls and placed round the turkey for the last 20 mins of the cooking time.