- 225g British turkey breast, cut into very thin strips
- 200 ml turkey or chicken stock
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 125g cous cous
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1slightly underipe mango
- 2 shallots or 4 small spring onions, finely sliced
- juice and finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Place the turkey into a saucepan, then add the stock, cumin, mustard and vinegar. Place on the stove and bring to the boil.
Meanwhile place the cous cous into a medium bowl.
Straight away, once the turkey has come to the boil, pour straight over the cous cous, mix well and cover, leave for 10 minutes.
Stir occasionally, then add pepper and olive oil, mix well.
Peel the mango, remove the stone, and cut into very thin strips.
Once the cous cous has cooled slightly, add the mango and shallots or spring onions, stir.
Finally add the lime juice and zest, honey and parsley, serve.
© Phil Vickery