- 4 turkey breast fillets, each about 150g/5oz in weight
For the glaze:
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp zested orange rind
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
For the parsley mash:
- 450g/1lb potatoes, peeled
- 350g/12oz parsnips, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk or natural low fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Parsley sprigs and orange slices to garnish
- Salad or freshly cooked vegetables to serve
Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5, 10 minutes before cooking. Wipe the turkey breast fillets and make 3 diagonal slashes across each breast. Gently heat the ingredients for the glaze and spoon over the turkey fillets.
Cook in the pre-heated oven for 25-28 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Baste the turkey occasionally with the glaze.
Meanwhile, chop the potatoes and parsnips into small chunks then cook in lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Drain thoroughly then mash with seasoning to taste and the milk or yoghurt. Beat well with a fork until creamy then stir in the chopped parsley.
Arrange the mash onto 4 individual warmed plates and top with the glazed turkey fillets. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and orange slices. Serve with salad or freshly cooked vegetables.