- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g/1lb 2oz leftover cooked British Turkey breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 2tsp cornflour
- 200ml/7fl oz chicken stock
- 200ml/7fl oz carton of coconut cream or coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 pineapple rings, chopped
- 50g/2oz cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch of leaf coriander, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallots, courgettes and red pepper.
Gently fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the turmeric and chilli powder and cook for 1 minute. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth and stir into the pan with the stock.
Stir over the heat until boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and add the cooked turkey to the pan.
Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes.
Stir in the coconut cream or milk and season to taste.
Bring back to a simmer, add the chopped pineapple and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with the cashews and coriander scattered over alongside rice, chutney and naan bread.