- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, diced
- 450g/1lb Bramley apples, peeled, cored and grated
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 175g/6oz fine oatmeal
- 175g/6oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 75g/3oz dried cranberries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper1 tbsp vegetable oil
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and bacon and sauté for 5 mins until pale golden. Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
You can make this stuffing the day before required if liked. Simply cover the bowl with clear film and refrigerate until required.
Use the stuffing to fill the neck of turkey. Roll the remainder into balls and roast in the oven alongside the turkey for 20 mins or until golden.
Makes enough to fill the neck cavity of a 2.2kg (10lb) turkey.