For the Relish:
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes on the vine, chopped into quarters
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 or 6 peppadews, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
For the Turkey Steaks:
- 400g turkey steaks, thinly sliced
- 180g Parmegiano Reggiano Cheese, coarsely grated
- Black pepper
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
First make the relish.
Place the tomatoes in a bowl with the red onion, peppadews, parsley and a few pinches of coarse sea salt and a good grind of black pepper.
Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss together. Set aside while you cook the turkey.
Place the turkey steaks between two sheets of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin, until they are all the same thickness.
Place the Parmesan cheese into a large shallow bowl.
Season the turkey steaks generously with black pepper on both sides, then press each side of the steaks into the cheese, pressing it onto the turkey with your fingers to help it to stick.
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan, over a medium high heat.
Add the turkey steaks, a few at a time, and cook for several minutes on each side until the cheese is crisp and golden brown, and the turkey juices run clear.
Be careful not to over cook them.
Keep warm and repeat with the rest, until they are all cooked. Serve topped with the relish and salad, if desired.