- 250g British turkey thigh mince
- Approx 750ml water
- 4 x 15g sachets miso soup paste
- 8 spring onions, very finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 150g chestnut or open cap mushrooms, finely sliced
- 100g any green beans, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 150g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 100g cooked rice vermicelli
- Fresh red chilli slices, to serve
- Dash of olive oil, to serve
1. Place the turkey mince and water into a pan and break up with a wooden spoon. Add the miso paste and mix well, then add the spring onions and mushrooms and mix well again. Place on the hob and heat until simmering, then cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes, then add the fish sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
3. To serve, place the spinach and cooked rice vermicelli into 4 bowls, then ladle over the broth. Serve with a little extra sliced spring onion, sliced red chilli and a dash of olive oil.
Copyright Phil Vickery