- 2 turkey drumsticks
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped or 1-2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. grated lime rind
- 75ml / 3floz lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salad, avocado salsa and tortilla crisps to serve
1. Light the barbecue at least 20 minutes before barbecuing or according to the manufacturers instructions. With a small sharp knife make a few slashes across the drumsticks then place in a shallow dish.
2. Blend the ground cumin, chopped chilli or chilli powder with the lime rind and juice and the olive oil and pour over the drumsticks. Cover lightly and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Spoon the marinade occasionally over the drumsticks.
3. When ready to barbecue, drain the drumsticks, reserving the marinade and place on the rack. Cook for 50-60 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Turn occasionally and brush with the reserved marinade during cooking. It helps to speed the cooking up if a covered barbecue is used.
4. Serve, sliced garnished with the salsa and crisps.
If liked, roast the drumsticks in a preheated oven 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 25 minutes before placing on the barbecue and cooking for a further 20 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked