- 50g/2oz creamed coconut from a block
- 450g/1lb diced turkey thigh
- 1 tbsp seasoned plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 175g/6oz oyster mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp ready prepared Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp. soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Freshly cooked rice to serve
1. Dissolve the creamed coconut in 450ml/1/2 pint of hot, not boiling water, stir until smooth. Reserve. Coat the turkey in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and seal the turkey on all sides. Add the mushrooms and chopped pepper then continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add the curry paste, and the sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently then slowly pour in the coconut liquor.
3. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Stir occasionally during cooking. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve garnished with coriander sprigs and with freshly cooked rice.