- 450g / 1lb lean cubed skinless British Turkey breast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 large red pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 175g / 6 oz easy-cook brown rice
- 100g / 4 oz frozen peas
- 900ml / 1.5 pints chicken stock or water
- Green salad and crusty bread to serve
Heat a large non-stick frying pan until quite hot and brown turkey by dry frying for five minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the oil, 2tbsp water, onion garlic and chopped pepper to pan. Cook on a medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, paprika and rice. Stir well then pour in stock or water and season.
Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Uncover, stir in browned turkey and peas. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The paella should be should be slightly moist and creamy. Serve immediately with a crispy green salad and warm crusty French bread.