- 4 turkey breast steaks, about 150g/5oz each in weight
- 1 tbsp seasoned plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 300ml/A pint white wine
- 150ml/A pint turkey or chicken stock
- 4 tbsp half fat creme fraiche
- 50g/2oz pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
Coat the turkey steaks in the flour then heat the oil in a large frying pan and seal the turkey steaks on all sides. Remove from the pan and reserve.
Add the garlic, onions and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan, sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally then return the turkey steaks to the pan.
Blend the tomato purée with the wine, add to the pan with the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat then simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
Remove the turkey from the pan and keep warm. Stir the creme fraiche into the pan with the olives and heat through for 1 minute.
Pour the sauce over the steaks, garnish with the parsley and serve with freshly cooked vegetables.