- 450g (1lb) diced turkey thigh meat
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp plain white flour
- 300ml (1/2 pint) medium dry white wine
- 150ml (1/4 pint) orange and lemon juice, blended together
- 1 tbsp zested lemon rind
- 1 tbsp zested orange rind
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Orange wedges and flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Freshly cooked noodles tossed in a little melted butter with chopped spring onion
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the shallot and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the thigh meat and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring until the turkey is sealed.
Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and fruit juice with the grated lemon and orange rind the soy sauce with pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the turkey is tender. Stir in the chopped parsley.
Serve with the freshly cooked noodles and garnish with the orange wedges and a parsley sprig