- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 10 baby spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp dried red chilli
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pitta large breads
- ¼ chopped Iceberg lettuce
- 200g thick natural yoghourt
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp runny honey
Mix all the kebab ingredients really well (except for the olive oil) then mould into 8 x 10cm long sausages.
Heat a non stick frying pan and add the 2 tbsp of oil.
Add the kebabs and cook gently for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally to brown nicely.
You may have to cook in 2 batches, adding a little extra oil if necessary.
Once cooked keep warm, then serve in the pitta bread with chopped lettuce, a spoon of yoghourt, drizzle of honey and a little fresh coriander.
Copyright Phil Vickery