- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 450g/1lb British turkey mince
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 75g/3oz fresh white bread crumbs
- 6 ciabatta bread rolls
- Mixed salad leaves and tomato wedges to serve
- Sea salt and black pepper
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion for a few minutes until softened. Transfer to a bowl, add the herbs and stir well.
Add the minced turkey, tomatoes, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Mix well to form a soft mixture.
Divide into six patties and chill until required.
Cook over the barbecue for 25 minutes, turning occasionally or grill under a medium heat for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
Split the ciabatta rolls and toast. Fill each roll with salad and the cooked burger. Serve immediately.
Tip: For a less chunky burger, put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for a few seconds, transfer to a bowl and divide into six patties.