- 450g/ 1lb diced turkey breast
- 2 lemon grass stalks, outer leaves discarded and chopped
- Small piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp clear honey, warmed
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes if using wooden skewers
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 50g / 2oz dried cranberries or raisins
- 100g / 4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- lime wedges and mint sprigs to garnish
Light the barbecue at least 20 minutes before barbecuing or according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place the turkey steaks in a shallow dish.
Blend the mustard with the orange rind and juice, the olive oil, white wine vinegar and chopped tarragon.
Pour over the turkey steaks, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, longer if time permits. Turn the steaks and spoon over the marinade occasionally.
When ready to cook, drain the turkey, reserving the marinade and place on the rack over the barbecue.
Cook, turning at least once for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
Serve garnished with tarragon sprigs, pepper, orange and courgette kebabs, salad and bread.