- 2tbsp olive oil
- 250g British turkey breast slices, cut into 5cm strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2tsp chopped fresh thyme, leaves
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Black pepper
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread, toasted and halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5cm piece of cucumber, sliced
- A few small lettuce leaves
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the turkey strips for 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Drain, add the onion to the pan and fry until softened.
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, tarragon, thyme and parsley and season with black pepper.
Split each pitta bread in half across the centre and carefully open up to make four pockets.
Mix the turkey and fried onion with the mayonnaise and spoon into the pockets, adding the cherry tomato halves, cucumber slices and lettuce according to personal taste.
Alternatively, fill the pockets with the turkey, tomato halves, cucumber, lettuce and fried onion and serve the mayonnaise separately to spoon over.