- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g or 2 large British turkey breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece root ginger
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- Few baby sweetcorn, sliced lengthways
- 1 courgette, cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, sliced 2 cm long
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Noodles and extra soy sauce to serve
Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the turkey. Fry for 4 minutes until almost cooked then splash with the soy sauce. Cook for another minute and then transfer to a dish and set aside.
Wipe the wok with kitchen paper and heat another tbsp vegetable oil. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for about 1 minute. Throw in the carrot and red pepper and fry for 1 minute then add sweetcorn and courgette and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, taking care not to overcook the vegetables ? they should retain some crunch.
Return the turkey to the pan and heat through, and stir in the spring onions and sesame oil.
Serve with egg noodles and soy sauce to pass round the table.