- 3tbsp olive oil
- 900g British turkey breast, cut into 12 equal pieces
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5cm knob of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1tsp each ground turmeric, cumin and salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 450ml chicken stock
- 1 lemon, sliced (or grated rind of 1 lemon)
- 100g black olives
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 250g couscous, cooked
Heat the oil in a large pan or tagine and brown the turkey pieces in batches on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the peppers and onion, sauté for 3 minutes, then stir in the ginger, garlic and jalapeno chilli.
Cook for 3 minutes, add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
Return the turkey to the pan with the lemon slices, black olives and coriander. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through. Serve over hot couscous.