- 300ml virtually fat free natural yoghurt
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 450g/1lb fresh diced turkey thigh
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Kebab skewers to serve (if using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using)
- Lemon wedges and parsley sprigs to garnish
- Crusty bread and salad to serve
Mix the yoghurt with the garlic, paprika, cumin and lemon juice. Place the diced turkey into a shallow dish and pour over the yoghurt mixture.
Cover lightly and leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as possible, (overnight is ideal). Stir occasionally during marinating.
When ready to cook, preheat grill to high and line the grill rack with tin foil. Thread the diced turkey onto the skewers and place under the grill.
Cook on both sides for 2 minutes then reduce the heat and continue to grill for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Garnish with lemon wedges, parsley sprigs and serve with crusty bread and salad.