- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A tsp ground allspine
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g/1 lb fresh diced turkey
- kebab skewers to serve (if using wooden skewers, soak in cold water
- 30 minutes before using)
- lemon wedges and fresh herbs or salad to garnish.
Mix together the garlic, spices, herbs with seasoning and stir in the lemon juice and oil
Place the turkey in a shallow dish and pour over the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, longer if time permits. Stir occasionally during marinating.
When ready to cook, heat the grill to high and line the grill rack with foil.
Thread the diced turkey onto the skewers, reserving the marinade and place under the grill.
Cook on both sides for two minutes. Reduce the heat and continue to grill for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, brushing occasionally with the marinade.
Garnish and serve with couscous or warm crusty bread.