- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g British turkey mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 ml water
- A tsp of dried oregano or marjoram
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 350g spaghetti
- Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
Heat the oil in a large non stick pan, add the onion and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3mins or until just starting to soften.
Increase the heat and add the turkey mince and cook for 1 minute, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
Add the garlic, carrot, celery, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, water, herbs and seasoning to taste. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, and simmer for 20-25mins.
Cook the spaghetti according to instructions on the packet, Drain well then transfer to a warm serving bowl, spoon over the Bolognese sauce and serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
Top tips: Add any vegetables you have, such as mushrooms, red pepper, sweetcorn. They all help to boost your recommended 5-a-day. And for an extra flavour boost, add a splash of red wine or Worcestershire sauce.